and...PRINT!

           

               longer daylight hours means more printing time..

    ..right?

Well, yes, if everything goes to plan !

It begins with sketching and planning, way before any printing can begin!
 Often ideas come to my whilst out strolling around the city centre, walking along the Mosel river, pottering in the garden  or even just doing every day chores!
My latest work features buildings in Luxembourg City. just look at these fairytale buildings,  just wonderful!
...  I have passed them hundreds of times on my way home, in my city working days and taken loads of photographs. I have sketches as well as finished inkworks of these...goodness just so inspiring!

Beautiful building in one of Luxembourg's busy mainstreets.

.......and how about this.......Harry Potter,  where are you?

The artwork comes next.. love this part!
Pen and ink.

     Actually, I often stop here, not developing a piece for a print at all. When I do decide to make a print, I pull out all the detail ending up with a much more graphic image. Drawing straight onto the plate, using my sketches for reference.



Linocut from an actual building..the way I love to work.
This is one of my earlier Linoprints, A shame the photograph of this fab old building has been cropped off...I really wanted to get into town to take another pic, but time simply ran out ....if I don't post now, August's blog will be out in December..talking of which...(dare I?...Christmas Cards..)



Here are a selection of the 
new linocuts I am working on. As you can see they are very simple images, all taken from actual  buildings around the city of Luxembourg
carving new set of linoprint


Printing and planning in my 
sketch book..plenty of experimenting going on here. I know where I'm going, just got to find my way!
Much more to do, heading back to my workspace!
Happy Days!
follow me :




Comments

  1. Fab! I love seeing where artists take their inspiration from. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your great feedback, this blog is definitely a voyage of discovery:)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts