Winter’s on the way...

                           Carving out the months ahead..


 
        October's drawing to an end and pumpkins are very popular. I won't be will be carving mine though... I much prefer to slice, roast and then make a nice tasty soup.
             No, my carving tools are destined to be used on birds..not real birds of course. I’m talking linoprints. Even during the winter months, weather permitting, you'll find me walking around my local patch, seeking inspiration.                
       Not a new thing for me, but what is different now is that I always take my binoculars along when out and about.
                   A wannabe Birder, I'm definitely not a twitcher, nor a list maker, but the joy of connecting with nature is what I'm after. We all need a little bit of " Happy" now right?..this is how I get mine.


crunching through the leaves..love it!

a A little Wren




lovely little wooden bridge over a stream



     There are so many birds hiding in the undergrowth..not easy to see, but when you do...the connection is magical! I caught a sighting of the little Wren there on the bridge.
    Walking along the leafy lane you see in the top pic I caught a movement from the corner of my eye. I stood stock still and watched two (yes, two!) Great Spotted Woodpeckers..I was enthralled.
              


As we all head towards more restrictions even a stroll in the park can bring surprises if you keep your eyes open. I watched as kingfisher sat on a branch overlooking a small stream in our well kept park.  

            They have left an area of it to run wild. A brilliant idea which attracts so many birds. Just like these Goldfinches on my linoprint design below. Did you know a group of Goldfinches is called a Charm?




A Charm of Goldfinches, linoprint ArtCards
So get out there, enjoy it!

 We All want to enjoy the benefits a breath of fresh air brings, so let's respect it. Please don't drop litter, and do take your rubbish home. So wrap up warm, get the soup on, and head out..
       

What are you waiting for? 
Barn Owl




                                                     If you're interested in my linocuts follow me here:

                                                             www.instagram.com/meabateman.art

                                                             www.facebook.com/meabateman.art

                                or if you'd like to take a look at my range of lino on linen check out these:

                                                               www.facebook.com/littlefoxlinen 

                                                              www.instagram.com/littlefoxlinen

                                 Get in touch here :   littlefoxlinen@gmail.com




                                                      Stay safe, happy printing!  

                                                


  







 

   

Comments

Popular Posts