Staycation

    Summer's here.

                      but so is Covid 19.

      Luxembourg's lockdown has been easing for some time, folk are trying to get back to normal, but like a lot of folk I'm a little nervous to get back out there. 
                       With good reason, I'm vunerable..it goads me to say so, but there it is.

   Addison's Disease means I'm better off out the way, so 'going out' means 'getting away' ...   ...........which is good, right? 

     You betcha! It's where my stories begin. I have the great fortune to live a 10 minute walk from a nature reserve, just a short saunter from the Mosel river.

          Binocs at the ready, smart phone at hand a couple of hours walk can, (and often does) provide an abundance of inspriation.


Biodiversum Remerschen, Luxembourg



The river Mosel, a natural border between Luxembourg and Germany, a beautiful place. Great swathes of vineyards on either side, pre-virus, a very popular tourist area. Cycle track & walk way all the way along it on the Luxembourg side, giiving breathtaking views.



           I was so fortunate to come across this beautiful Heron fishing in a stream. I stood as still as he, and watched a while, whilst he stood motionless intent on his mission.
                I finally turned away and went quietly back the way I came, leaving him in peace to catch his dinner. 

                      Staycation is the word of the moment...and quite right too!

    I, for one am happy to take part.  Enjoying my local enviroment, whilst collecting inspiration for my linocuts is no hardship at all!  
                                                   www.instagram.com/meabateman.art

 

                                                               Little Bee Linocut 


                                                          
                                                             Little Wren Linocut 
   
                            
                                                         
                                                        'Littlefoxlinen'. WineTote

       My lino on linen venture is such fun too. I really enjoy the challange of printing on fabric and the results are very satisfying. www,instagram.com/littlefoxlinen Using sketches from some very kind, very talented photographers who support my work, and my own photos, both the linens and traditional prints have ties to Luxembourg.

           Time for me to venture outside..not far today though, just a potter in the garden...but take a second look..you'd be suprised!


       So, one day at a time, moving forward enjoy Summer locally stay prudent, keep printing, follow me here⬇or in the links above.

                                              www.facebook.com/meabateman.art


                         ..oh and don't forget., protect yourself, protect others WEAR the MASK!

                                                 

Comments

Popular Posts