February, possibly the longest month of the year


         Twenty eight days,

                                 that seem to go on forever...do you think?
                    Well that's the way I feel about the second month of the year...
Now I don't know about you, but I'm itching for signs of Spring.
                                                          There are none.Yet.
So much rain is playing havoc in my part of the world.

no way to walk along the riverbank at the moment.



So for me, the best thing, the only thing is to look inward, gather inspiration from past photographs and sketches

Often working in black&white, I find myself yearning for a little colour now. As I wait impatiently for my pot of Hyacthins to bloom, I find myself buying flowers regularly now. 



not normally a 'baby pink' girl, but hey, why not!
A splash of vibrant pink, most welcome now!

  ........................Not being able to get ouside much due to the driving rain, I take refuge in my sketch book, and begin to plan new works.
I adore birds. A lot of my work is of birds. I have decided to concentrate on this subject this year, working mostly in Lino. A time consuming technique, the 'reveal' of the first print is such an exciting moment for me.
Ever on the 'bird trail', 'My Girls' will be taking centre stage this year..definitely
                                          the  Year of Bird, as far as I'm concerned!
latest little LuxemBiRD.
This is the latest in an edition of new 'ARt to SEnD' cards. My way of giving the chance to send original Art to a special friend or loved one..more about this in my next blog, when I will be devoting the whole blog to introducing LuxemBIRDS.
                              Until then, let's look forward to the coming days, knowing that Spring is getting ever closer.
                                      follow me onwww.facebook.com/meabateman.art
you can find me on instagram too..look out for  meajane.b

Comments

Popular Posts