December

                                      

Time to post!

Festive fun...and it's that postbox again.... and a timely reminder to send off those cards now!

It's that time of year. Christmas is coming and the goose is getting fat, please put a penny in the old man's hat..goes the saying...
.......Well not a goose in sight ( why on earth didn't I think of that before) but there are cards, oh yes, there are cards!..  don't ya just love choosing and sending a card to friends and loved ones far and near? Well time to get those stamps on the envelopes and post em!
                              I love cards, so not only do I send 'em I print them too...
.........and this year I have been printing cards like crazy, birds, of course, but I've loved creating lots of little houses too! 
staying with the a traditional colourway.

 I decided to print my own labels too.  A little fiddly, but well worth the effort. Once I started with these little birds, there was no stopping me, printing adding sparkles, the lot! 
............smile. ( I do love a little bird)

I enjoyed doing these so much I decided to add a few to my Christmas tree!
I'm liking this a lot, definitely an idea to be repeated!




Printing by candlelight, no maybe not, but getting my stuff together for tomorrow morning..ready to print. I never did finish this edition. I feel the need to tie up all loose ends before the end of the year..and my hedgehog looks well comfy! 
here is is!

midnight hedgehog.
I really, really needed a hot cup of tea at his point, but imagine my surprize
when I was handed a hot chocolate laced with Amaretto...ahh warm right down to my toes!

   
                                                                                   

 chilly, but smiling.



This sludgy blue works well with the gold/bronze typo on my little house cards.


       Soon it will be time to pack away my inks, brayers and barens, sort out my prints& papers for this year, to make ready for new ideas and new beginnings! 

This year's been one of experimentation, using new colours, new techniques, under rolling, over rolling, there have been smiles and tears, sucesses and failures and I hope you've enjoyed following my little journey.

Best Wishes to one and all, if you this Festive Season

Do please leave a comment, I'd love to hear from you.

Do join me next year


Merry Christmas!



follow me     :       www.facebook.com/meabateman.art

 
                             

Comments

Popular Posts