Indoors/outdoors



                          Art and Champagne.



         Luxembourg and It's that time again......


The outdoor Artfair Season is well and truly underway now....
 I spent a great day at an Arts & Crafts "Do" held in a tiny village in the south of the country. I love these events, there's always a speech, there's always a crowd, and Always always a 'gudde glass'.. (meaning a nice glass of something) to get things underway, and set everyone up nicely!
I was somewhat surprised to find that I had been give a place indoors!
..... Wow!!...a newly opened Gallery no less. We were about about ten sharing this beautifully renovated building. I was so lucky to have been given a wall that had the original brickwork exposed to exhibit my work. I was thrilled to bits!
                                                             What do you think?



Loving these stone walls. What a great place to hang my work.

Unfortunately I am not that good with techy stuff, so hardly any of my photos have 'backed-up'...sigh..
I did manage to keep hold of a few before they disappeared..

A different colourway 

close-up



The new edition of artist books have a definite Summer feel to them, don't you think?
  I had taken along a selection of my Monochrome prints too..


This is one of a limited Edition.
Inspired by the Iconic 'Gel Frau'.
This golden Lady is a much visited
statue in the heart of Luxembourg City, and well worth a visit. Although not a great photo, you might be able to pick out the 
'scrape' of gold ink  I added to the prints when they were dry.
The Golden Lady . Monochrome Print, limited edition.
Actually, I feel myself drawn more and more to printing in monochrome..much like I did back in the beginning. A great deal of my pen&ink work is B&W.

A Pen&Ink piece. 
I do like working in Pen&Ink, this piece was the basis of one of my favourite Linoprints!...Hmm, I think this will be my starting point next time....
                             June, a month of optimism, long warm nights, eating "AlFresco" with friends, enjoying this most beautiful month.


                     Time to head outdoors and refuel with a favourite pasta bowl before tackling my next project..
                                                                           Bon Appetite!..
           
Follow me on:
www.facebook.com/meabateman.art


Comments

Popular Posts