March and Spring is just around the corner..

Longer days

So, this month we will change the clocks, and slip into Summer time.
 Still a bit wintery, but the promise of Springtime is definitely in the air, so I'm looking forward to warmer temperatures, and more daylight hours aren't you?

 This month I will be taking part in a new venture with a group of very talented hand crafters, and this is the lovely poster advertising the Event. It certainly makes me feel positively Springlike.


 An unusual venue, it is being held in the Upper Salon at the Cathy Goedert scrumptious Patisserie. You can find it in a charming old cobbled street of Luxembourg Town. I am really looking forward to it, I shall certainly be popping downstairs to sample one of her eclairs!


So to start the ball rolling.. new colours, for my linoprints
 
loving these juicy pastels.

love experimenting with these colour rolls. The subject? Luxembourg of course! This time a 14th century tower which can be found in Schengen, which is within walking distance from my home.

 White colour roll on Kraft cards, a simple technique, but effective, don't you think? More inspiration fro my local surroundings. I spotted these guys strutting along the banks of the Mosel river.

Here's a little selection of my linoplates..the pink one I made from an eraser!

Still, experimenting with colour.. another of my LuxemBirds..great fun!



I've donated this guy to the Niche Market Raffle.
So, do come along, grab a ticket, loads of fabulous prizes, who knows it might be   "Hesper"!
This print was taken directly from a photo of a rescued 'Heggy' in a local animal rescue centre

"Morris is Off". This Linocut is printed on a slice from a vintage german  map, featuring The Black Forest. It's got a lovely  texture and a creamy colour,  and I think the blue/green Morris looks really good on it too!




Beginning to  finish up ready for this months Event. These cards are finished and in cellophane envelopes ready to go. To be honest, I would rather find some other way to protect them, but for the moment there seems to be no alternative.

 Next month, I will be tackling hand made Artist Books. These are great things to make, perhaps little fiddly
but great fun and so rewarding. Here's wishing you all a super month, I hope my work inspires you to have a go at linoprinting, it really is so much fun.
Happy Printing!


                                                       


Comments

Popular Posts