February....Inspiration, and where you can find it..

This month

It's good to try and step out of ones comfort zone from time to time It allows one to explore new ideas and grow... The weather is not up to much, so this Sunday I headed out to an antiques fair to sketch...So much material to choose from..
                    

These glass bottles caught my eye as soon as I walked into       the huge hall.After asking permission from the stall holder, I quickly flipped open my sketch book and got down the main shapes. The more I looked at them the more they reminded me of the turreted buildings in the Old Town of Luxembourg...Definitely Inspiring ..I made a mental note to get out and about when the rain finally stops.

Grey and damp, wrapped up , a huge wooly scarf wound around my neck several times..I headed out into the streets of luxembourg..I wonder if you can see the turret high up on the left.? A little like the glass stoppers in the beautiful bottles, don't you think?

More inspiration, such a beautiful building, an H&M showroom, with a colourful window of top fashion hiding behind the ubiquitous white transit! 

Back home, nice and cosy....Pen& Ink in progress....without the white van!

here's a little more detail.. this is the moment to stop..go and have a cup of tea,
come back to it and decide..more inking or leave it alone. 
Always the hardest part!


I think I might take this further,  I think I'll try a linoprint.
 A different approach. maybe, more graphic....another step outside my comfort zone..we shall see...until next month.
Happy Sketching!
Follow me on facebook: www.facebook.com/meabateman.art
  

Comments

Popular Posts